Generally ComBlast trials are carried out in accordance with ISO 16933:2007 for blast testing and ISO 16935:2007 for ballistic testing. These standards define the required test conditions and instrumentation. But ComBlast trials can be conducted to meet a wide range of international standards, the main standards for blast and ballistic testing are:
- ISO 16933:2007, Glass in Building – Explosion Resistant Security Glazing – Test and Classification for Arena Air Blast Loading.
- GSA-TS01-2003, US General Services Administration, Standard Test Method for Glazing and Window Systems Subject to Dynamic Overpressure Loadings.
- ASTM International, F 1642-04, Standard Test Method for Glazing and Glazing Systems Subject to Airblast Loadings.
- BS EN 13123 – 2:2004, Windows, doors, and shutters – Explosion Resistance – Requirements and Classification – Part 2 : Range Test.
- ISO 16935:2007, Glass in Building – Bullet-Resistant Security Glazing – Test and Classification.
Links to sites where these standards can be downloaded or purchased are provided below. Often the client will specify which standard will be used for a particular project but if you are uncertain which to use or how to apply it please contact us and we be pleased to advise you.
With a little thought it is possible to test a sample to meet the requirements of more than one standard. If none of these standards meet your requirements please contact us as we will be happy to develop a suitable test procedure for your needs
Links to Test Standards
ISO 16933:2007 can be purchased and downloaded at:
ASTM F 1642-04 can be purchased and downloaded at: http://www.astm.org
GSA-TS01-2003 can be downloaded free at: http://www.protectiveglazing.org
BS EN 13123 can be purchased and downloaded at: http://www.bsi-global.com
ISO 16935 can be purchased and downloaded at: http://www.iso.org
As well as the standards listed above, ComBlast can also carry out tests in accordance with other test specifications such as STANAGs, DefStans, AEP, ITOP, VSAG and many more.